Just because fall is over doesn’t mean we have to stop with the pumpkin goodies. I like to have a slice of this with yogurt or as a mid morning snack with some cinnamon and peanut butter. This also keeps with any new year goals to eat healthier or eat whole foods.
This bread is super moist and nice and thick. You just need one bowl and a whisk to make the batter. Love simple recipes like this. I have also subbed the 2 cups whole wheat flour using half ground flax and also I did 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup ground flax and 1/2 cup oats. Feel free to experiment.
Healthier Banana Pumpkin Bread, serves 12 slices
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and whisk to combine. Add in pumpkin, honey, vanilla and coconut oil and whisk to combine.
- Add in flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Stir dry and wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Sliced up and ready for peanut butter, honey or yogurt.
Simple and satisfying. Enjoy!