I saw this recipe on Facebook (there is always something super mouth watering posted on Facebook, am I right?) and it jumped out at me right away because I love cauliflower and I had almost all of the other ingredients in my fridge at that moment. Done!
This is great served as a side dish and keeps well in the fridge for a week.
Summer Cauliflower Salad, serves about 6 as a side
1 head cauliflower
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
For the dressing:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
1 scant tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3-4 spring onions, chopped
3 stalks celery, diced
3-4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Slice cauliflower into small florets.
- Place cauliflower onto baking sheet and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned and a bit crispy.
- In a large bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Once cauliflower is cooked, set aside and let cool slightly before adding to the yogurt dressing.
- Refrigerate until cold. (This could be served warm, but I preferred it overnight after the flavors could mix together.)
- Garnish with more freshly chopped dill before serving.
If you really love mustard (I do) add even more to the dressing. The celery and dill really add a bright freshness to this salad. This is basically a potato salad recipe with the cauliflower replacing the potatoes. It is a perfect side dish for summer. Enjoy!