I put together this light, fresh dish for a small Women’s Wine Wednesday at my house. I loved the sweet fruit, salty cheese and mild cucumber all flavored with some lime juice, a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Delicious!
I mean this screams summer! Right?
Watermelon, feta, cucumber salad, serves 4-6 as a side
- 3-4 cups water melon, cut into 1” chunks
- 1/2 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2-3/4 cup diced or spialized cucumber
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (I used a Persian Lime flavor)
- Balsamic vinegar or glaze (optional)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Arrange watermelon on a plate. Zest one half of a lime and juice it. Pour juice and zest on the watermelon.
- Cut cucumber and place on top of watermelon. Top evenly with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and feta cheese.
- Toss diced water melon, cucumber and ½ cup of feta cheese with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill in fridge until serving, the colder the better.
I’ve really been hitting the jackpot with watermelon this summer! Yum! Enjoy.