This Greek Salad is perfect for spring – I can’t wait for garden tomatoes! I used cherry tomatoes here, but I think any would work, I really love Roma ones too. I whipped this together one night real quick to take to work for a potluck. I kept a little on the side at home to make another recipe I’ll share with you soon.
For the Greek Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 4 cups roughly chopped ripe tomatoes, I used cherry tomatoes and seeded them
- 3 cups roughly chopped cucumbers, seeded
- 2 red or yellow peppers, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 ounces feta, drained and crumbed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper and set it aside.
In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables and gently toss together. Pour the Greek vinaigrette over the vegetables, and again, gently toss to coat them. Crumble the feta over the salad and then very gently toss the cheese into the vegetables.
Taste and adjust for more freshly ground black pepper if desired. Serve immediately at room temperature, or chill before serving.
This recipe could easily be doubled or halved. I could just spoon this into my face. Yum!