Bringing you another easy dinner idea that I love. Pizza is one of my favorite foods (who doesn’t love pizza), but obviously it isn’t very figure friendly. We’ve found a way to eat pizza and keep it on the healthy side by using a toasted pita as the crust.
Buffalo chicken pita pizza – serves 2
- 2 pita breads (toast in your oven at 400 for about 5 minutes until it browns and becomes sturdy)
- 10-12 oz. of chicken breast – cooked and diced
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Cheese – feta or mozzarella works nicely here
- Toppings of your choice – cilantro, banana peppers, tomatoes, green onion and red pepper flakes
Combine the chicken with your wing sauce and microwave it to warm it up. Spread warmed buffalo chicken on your crisped pita. Top with cheese of your choice and put in oven to melt cheese, about 5 minutes. Top with garnishes of your choice.
Serve with beer if you like for a perfect Friday night. Enjoy!