I’m happy to say that Celeste from Confessions of a [former] Fat Girl nominated me for a Liebster Award! I thoroughly enjoyed reading her questions and facts – I think it is so fun to get to know the person behind the blog. She posed 11 questions to other bloggers including myself so I am sharing away.
Please check out Celeste’s site – she is a Minnesota blogger and has a very inspirational story of weight loss, fitness and following her dreams. She is a great motivator and I love her outlook on life. I think she’d be a blast to hang out with and like me, she appreciates a good beer!
A little about the Liebster Award from Celeste’s site:
The Liebster Award is a great way to get to know other bloggers and for the bloggers to get some traffic on their blog site, especially the newer bloggers who are just starting out. It’s a way to let our readers know about others out there. How it works is when you are nominated, you are given 11 questions that you have to answer, as well as providing 11 facts about yourself.
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
1. How did you choose your blog name and when/why did you start blogging?
My blog – FeistyEats – was so named because my last name is Feist. I wanted the blog to be a resource for sharing what is going on in my life and I am constantly cooking or baking so FeistyEats made sense. I was living in Fargo at the time, about 4 hours away from my folks and thought it’d be a good way to share what I was up to and a little hobby for me. I started blogging back in March of 2011 – coming up on 4 years – wow!
2. What is your favorite meal? Include recipe if you would like!
This is tough – I love all meals and snacks. Those who experience 4 seasons know that faves change depending on the temperature. Pressed to pick a favorite, it would currently be served on a hot summer day; a huge salad with grilled (by my husband) protein (either burger or chicken breast), mixed greens, pickles, tomatoes, banana peppers, onions, carrots, hummus, feta, mustard and salsa. Served with a crisped pita and more salsa.
If it was splurging or out to eat? Nachos and/or pizza with ice cream, gelato or frozen yogurt as dessert. You can’t go wrong!
3. What is your favorite hobby?
A tie between baking and fitness classes. I am really on a kick going to different classes at different gyms even though I basically have to travel over an hour to get to a gym with classes (except for my home gym Beulah Fit Club).
4. What is your favorite indulgence?
Being lazy. Isn’t that everyone’s answer? I’m not much for sitting around and watching TV but sometimes the mood strikes and it seems like a total indulgence since I know I could be doing other things like cleaning, cooking, walking the dog, etc. I pride myself on not sitting around too much and I think meeting my husband made me better at this. He is always busy doing something. Well, unless he is watching football.
5. If you had $1,000 to spend on anything for yourself, what would you buy and why?
A vacation. Since $1,000 wouldn’t really get me far, it would probably be a domestic flight to Vermont or Maine and I’d try to go snow skiing. I’ve never been and would love to see if I could stay upright.
6. What is one favorite childhood memory?
That’s tough! I had a wonderful childhood with my 2 siblings and numerous cousins. I fondly remember playing outside at our farmhouse in our little playhouse and riding our horse, Ginger. Friends and family were around a lot and we always had fun exploring.
7. What is your favorite game to play?
I am pretty horrible at games, meaning I NEVER win. I like to play Yahtzee with my husband.
8. What is your favorite quote?
I don’t have a quote or anything like that I constantly refer to. I am inspired by different sayings or quotes though. I like any that refer to being a better person or something uplifting towards women. Or – Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken.
9. What is your fitness goal for 2015?
I have quite a few. One I am ready to announce out loud would be working on getting faster on my bike. I rode a lot last summer but I just pedaled. I’d like to go out this season with some more definite, structured workouts and get faster.
10.If you could spend the day with someone (from the past or present), who would it be and why?
Time is such a precious commodity isn’t it? I think I’d pick my deceased grandfather, Max. I would love to get to know him on an adult level.
11.What keeps you motivated/where do you find inspiration?
Just like Celeste, I also find motivation by reading other blogs. I love Instagram and following fitness or food accounts. I like reading inspirational stories and I love when I can complete something I never used to be able to complete. Running x amount of miles or time. That is super satisfying to me and helps me reach for higher goals.
11 fun facts – I already did with Jeni Eats. Since I am just myself I don’t have 11 other fun facts so here they are again:
1. I cracked my head open on my 1st grade field trip. They had to load the whole bus up and take me to the ER.
2. I have a Master’s Degree.
3. I can touch my tongue to the tip of my nose.
4. I met my husband at a chili cook-off. We’ve been together nearly every day since then. He proposed at the same cook-off two years later.
5. I am on the tall side, about 6’ when wearing shoes.
6. I am the middle sibling, the peacemaker. I have an older brother and a younger sister. We are all close in age.
7. I received my undergraduate degree in 3 years.
8. I am named after my great grandma, Sarah. My middle name is after my Mom and Grandma, Ann.
9. I love to work up a sweat! My favorite exercise is spinning class or biking.
10. I am a big believer in setting goals and positive thinking leads to results.
11. I played basketball overseas when I was in high school – Belgium/Netherlands and Ireland. I’d love to redo those trips!
I am not nominating anyone – but feel free to answer Celeste’s questions on your own.