This is a trashy (in a good way), oh so good, melt in your mouth bite of dessert.
We have a layer of melted almond bark, topped with creamy, sweetened peanut butter, topped with more almond bark and Reese’s Pieces. What’s not to like?
Recipe via Sally’s Baking Addiction, only slightly changed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 oz. white baking chocolate (almond bark)
- 2 large boxes Reese’s Pieces candies (you can get them for $1 each at Wal-Mart)
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir the peanut butter, sugar, softened butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium pot (or you could melt in the microwave), melt the white chocolate according to package instructions. Pour half of the melted white chocolate into prepared baking dish. Spread out evenly with a rubber spatula. Warm your peanut butter mixture slightly in the microwave so it is easier to spread. I nuked mine for one minute in 20 second increments, stirring after each 20 seconds. Spoon peanut butter mixture over top of the white chocolate layer. Gently spread the peanut butter layer over the white chocolate. Top with remaining melted white chocolate. Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces on top.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours to set up. Lift parchment paper and bark out of the pan and break into pieces with a knife. Store bark in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. It stores well in the freezer.
Just do your best to spread the peanut butter mixture around, if some almond bark peeks through it’s not a big deal.
You could chop up your pieces if you would like the look of that.
I chopped mine into all sorts of pieces – some larger and some smaller.
Here is a close up of the middle. The peanut butter part stays creamy and is the best part in my opinion. These would make a great Halloween treat. It’s closer than we think. Enjoy!