I have another vegetable salad to share with you I made for a get together. This one is packed with Greek flavors and comes together quickly after chopping some veggies up.
Greek Veggie Salad
- 3 large ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Lemon juice to taste – juice of 1/2 – 1 large lemon
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Optional – olives
- In shallow salad bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Sprinkle with oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle feta cheese and (optional) olives over salad. Serve. This is best eaten within 2-3 days of being made as it will get watery. Just drain any excess juice off before serving.
I eat this plain as is, but it would be a great topper for a lettuce salad. OR, top a pizza with Greek chicken, feta cheese and bake and then top with this! Enjoy!