Even though it is practically summer and we finally have seen some warmer temps, we still have a few more days for Crock Pot meals before we put it completely away in favor of the grill. Especially on cool, rainy days like today.
This sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chili is worth keeping your Crock Pot out for.
Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Chili – adapted from my friend Sue L. who gave me the recipe, thank you Sue! <<She is such a sweet lady!
- 1 (28 oz.) can Bush’s baked beans – any flavor you like, I used a kind with bacon & cumin in it
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 jar homemade salsa (could sub another can of Rotel for this)
- 1 can (4 oz.) pickled jalapeno pieces
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1 scant cup brown sugar (more if you prefer sweeter)
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder (more or less to taste)
- 1 package of venison bacon (or 1/2 pack of regular bacon)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
Bake or fry your bacon and then dice. Brown and drain your hamburger, onion and garlic. Mix everything together in a crock pot. Simmer on low all day. Serve with beer bread, more onions, cheese, sour cream, etc.
I used her recipe for beer bread and it turned out super! I have actually made this before, the link is here.
Top with your favorite toppings and eat. I love the mix of heat and sweet. Enjoy!