I can’t believe I haven’t posted a buffalo chicken dip recipe yet. It is one of our favorites though I rarely make it as it is quite unhealthy, but so good. Here is how I make mine – I know there are a ton of variations out there.
This is a pretty orange dish so I like to garnish it with some celery and or green onions. The orange hue is from wing sauce and cheese.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 10 oz. shredded chicken breast or canned chicken (I had leftover buffalo chicken I was using)
- 1/2 heaping cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 cups cheese – I used taco for a little additional spice
- 1-2 ribs celery (including leaves), chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Tortilla chips or crackers for dipping
Garnish with celery, celery leaves and green onions.
If you can handle the heat – this dip is great served in a halved, seeded jalapeno and baked for about 25 minutes.
Baking the jalapenos and seeding them really takes most of the bite out – these would be great at a party.
For those wanting a bit milder of a bite – this is what the finished dip looks like. This will always disappear quick at a party. Serve with Chicken in a Biskit crackers, tortilla chips or fresh veggies. Enjoy!