My husband’s birthday is towards the end of February and naturally, I had to make a cake or some dessert for him to take to work. I knew I’d be short on time this particular day so I wanted something quick and easy, but still something tasty and pretty to look at.
This recipe I found definitely did the trick! It combines a few of his favorites – Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Cheesecake. I knew he was sure to be happy.
Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cheesecake from Cookies and Cups
- 1 19 1/2 oz. brownie mix (prepared in 9×13 pan according to package directions), or homemade would also work
- 1 cup hot fudge sauce, divided
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 12 peanut butter cups, chopped
How to Make
- Bake brownies according to package directions, allow to cool completely.
- When brownies are cooled cut into bars. Remove 3/4 of the bars from the pan and press into the base of a 9″ Springform pan. Set the remaining 1/4 of the brownies aside.
- Heat hot fudge sauce for 30 seconds and then spread 3/4 cup onto brownie base. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and combined. Add in sweetened condensed milk and mix until evenly incorporated.
- In another bowl combine heavy cream and powdered sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Reserve 1 cup of whipped cream and set aside. Fold remaining whipped cream into peanut butter mixture until smooth and evenly combined.
- Spread half of peanut butter mixture on top of brownie base. Crumble remaining brownies and sprinkle them on top of peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining peanut butter mixture and finally remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups on top and drizzle with remaining hot fudge sauce.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Remove sides of Springform pan when ready to serve.
Using fudgy brownies as the base of a cheesecake is a genius and delicious idea!
BUT, why stop there when you can add some hot fudge on top of the brownie base?
The peanut butter cheesecake is what peanut butter lovers dreams are made of I am pretty sure. Super rich and very tasty.
Add a few brownies, chopped up well, to the middle layer.
I really wanted to eat the middle out of every single one of these but I somehow resisted.
With all those cut up Reese’s everyone is guaranteed to get a cup in each bite.
For an easy, but show stopping dessert, give this a try. I wish I had a picture of it out of the pan and sliced up – but he took the whole thing to work. Happy Birthday! Enjoy!