These were some of my favorite cookies! They have my favorite after all: peanut butter, chocolate and crisped rice cereal?!?
Yep, that is right. The crisped rice cereal give these an unexpected bite and keep the cookies nice and full, while still being soft and not crisp on the outside. If that makes sense. If not, or if so, you should make these ASAP. I had all of the ingredients on hand and whipped these up in no time. I imagine you could easily double this recipe as well if you’d like more.
Cereal Crunch Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies recipe adapted from Sugar Dish Me
Makes: 3 to 3 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini chips
- 2 cups crisped rice cereal
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl beat cream the butter. Add sugars and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Blend in the peanut butter. Add the egg and vanilla. Blend until the egg is just combined.
- Beat in the flour/baking soda.
- Stir in the crisped rice and chocolate chips by hand.
- Roll the cookie dough into 1½ inch balls, and place them on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine were closer to 8 or 9 minutes
- Cool the cookies for 2-3 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Before and after. You can see I put 16 on a cookie sheet. They puff up only a bit and don’t spread much.
Eat two to taste test. This is an important step.
Inspect the interior. Yep – more than acceptable! Enjoy!