Tis the season of never-ending potlucks and food, right? Oh my gosh, all the food. I love it all but it is hard to practice restraint! If you need something easy and quick to take to a potluck, give this recipe a try.
Cheesy Sausage Pinwheels, adapted from Jimmy Dean
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 can (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls or refrigerated seamless crescent dough sheet
8 oz. jalapeno cream cheese spread
12 oz. package Jimmy Dean (or other) sausage
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown and drain sausage. Mix in the jalapeno cream cheese spread.
- Unroll crescent dough into 4 rectangles or cut into 4 rectangles. Place on lightly floured surface. Firmly press perforations to seal if using crescent rolls. Press or roll each to form 8×5-inch rectangle.
- Spread cream cheese/sausage mixture over each rectangle evenly. Starting at short side; roll up to form 4 rolls, sealing long edges. Cut each roll into 5 slices using a serrated knife.
- Place spirals cut side up on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets and serve warm.
For easier slicing wrap rolls tightly in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
10 servings (2 pinwheels each)
These are easy enough you could make them quickly before or after work. Roll out the crescents using some extra flour, brown and drain the sausage and add the cream cheese. Score it into 4 and add to the crescents. Wrap, slice and bake!
Here they are before baking and below after.
Enjoy – these were pretty addicting!