What in the world? I am having some (hopefully not) serious problems with my laptop. Couple that with hardly any new recipes, this is my only post this week. Hopefully things get back to normal soon. In the meantime, I made this dip to take for a weekend getaway and it was a hit. We served it with garlic bread and it was gone in no time!
Serve it warm with cheese on top!
Spicy Pizza Dip inspired by Rachael Ray
- 1 loaf soft Italian or French bread, made into garlic bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. hot Italian sausage
- 1 16 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella, shredded (or fresh would be great) I used a pizza mix as it was all I had on hand and it was fine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Mince the garlic cloves; add to the pot. Add the sausage; cook, breaking it into chunks, until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the pizza sauce. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 5 minutes.
- Top with the cheese. Continue to cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Top with the dried oregano.
- Serve warm (could use a Crock Pot if needed) with garlic bread as dippers.
I did add a few chopped green onion pieces to the top as well.
Enjoy! This would be great for the upcoming football season!