This is a decadent, but super easy cake to make. Take the ease of using boxed ingredients to create a super tall, moist cake studded with Oreo pieces and cookie dough flavor!
I had a half a package of Oreos left to be used up and thought of making an Oreo Cookie cake, but then decided to take it up one notch and top it with cookie dough flavored Cool Whip. Yes.
The cake base is simply a chocolate boxed cake mix…
The toppings are Oreo pudding mix and doctored up Cool Whip. Side note…I love this clear vanilla my grandma gave me from Mexico!
I used this cake mix as it was super moist and chocolatey. I loved it.
Brinklie the cat was nearby making sure all was right. She loves her little mice toys!
Oreo Cookie Poke Cake
- 1 9×13 chocolate cake, baked according to box directions and cooled (I used Betty Crocker’s Super Moist Tripe Chocolate Fudge Cake)
- 2 Oreo favored instant pudding mixes, 4.2 oz. each
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of salt
- 1/2 package Double Stuffed Oreo cookies (about 15) coarsely crushed
- Once the cake is completely cooled, poke 50-60 holes in it using the base of a wooden spoon.
- Mix the pudding and the milk together until it starts to thicken and pour evenly over the cooled cake.
- Whisk together the Cool Whip, brown sugar, flour, vanilla and salt.
- Spread the Cool Whip mix over the cake and pudding. Top with the crushed Oreos.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Note: You could easily replace the crushed Oreo’s with chocolate chips or other crushed chocolate cookies.
Now, you could certainly serve this cake with just the Oreo pudding as the topping. Or with the Oreo pudding and the Cool Whip mix. Adding the flour, brown sugar and vanilla to the Cool Whip gives it a Cookie Dough flavor. Make sure to get all the chunks mixed in well.
But to really take it over the top – put the crushed Oreo’s on top. Serve cold and enjoy!