I guess after making enchiladas, I also was thinking about those delicious Fried Ice Cream desserts that are served at most Mexican restaurants. I came up with an unfried ice cream with some of the same tastes and it is easy to mix together.
This is another dessert I made at night so please excuse the poor lighting. I am always so busy during the day it seems like!
- 1 ½ sticks of butter or margarine
- 3 ½ cups Rice Krispy cereal
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ gallon vanilla ice cream (softened so you can spread it)
- Honey, caramel and chocolate sauce to drizzle on top
- Pre heat oven to 300.
- Melt butter/margarine on stovetop and mix in brown sugar, coconut and cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat stirring consistently for about 8-10 minutes
- Layer ½ – 2/3 of mixture into a 9×13 greased cake pan. Put the other portion on a cookie sheet in a flat layer.
- Bake both pans at the same time for 15-18 minutes, until melted and bubbly.
- Cool completely and spread ice cream over the cake pan, smoothing the top. Sprinkle remaining cereal mixture over ice cream, pressing lightly. Freeze about 2 hours or until hardened.
- Top with honey, caramel and hot fudge sauce. I am sure berries or nuts would also be good.
- Take out of the freezer about ½ hour before serving so it has time to soften.
This looks like a happy little trio, doesn’t it?
Melt on the stovetop and be sure to take your ice cream out so it softens up.
The rice krispie mix gets nice and toasted in the oven. It smells wonderful too!
Spread your ice cream in a nice, even layer.
Top with the rest of the krispies and drizzle with caramel, chocolate and honey if you’d like. Enjoy!