Oh my gosh. I kind of dreamed these up one day and my mouth did not regret that decision. These were a perfect mix of sweet, spicy and creamy!
Mr. FeistyEats wasn’t too crazy about them as he isn’t a fan of sweet potatoes. However, I assume these would be great made with white potatoes and I intend to try that out on him one day.
Buffalo Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams (about the size of normal potatoes)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing
1. Clean your sweet potatoes and prick them several times with a fork or knife. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Set aside and let them cool. When cool, cut into wedges.
2. Preheat oven to 450. In a large metal bowl, combine sweet potatoes, oil, Montreal, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Combine to coat all potato wedges.
3. Place in a single layer on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and flip potatoes. Bake for another 7 minutes or until browning. This will all depend on the size of your wedges and microwave strength. Bake until nice and browned like a cheetah.
4. In your metal bowl, add butter and buffalo sauce. Stick in warm oven until butter melts. Remove from oven and toss potatoes in the sauce. Once coated, serve on a platter.
5. Top with cheese, green onions and ranch dressing. Serve immediately. Pop into the microwave or oven again if needed to melt the cheese.
Make sure to get your potatoes nice and crispy on the outside! You are going for a cheetah effect (aka nice and spotted).
The ranch dressing is there just to cool off the heat from the buffalo sauce.
I am not ashamed to say I done ate ever single one of those fries and they did NOT disappoint. So many of my favorite flavors – cheese, buffalo, green onion and spices on the sweet potatoes. This will be repeated.