I am not much of a cookie maker. I prefer to mix something together, put it in a pan and have it come out baked vs. having to scoop up 12 cookies at a time for various times. I am mostly just lazy that way I guess. I love cookies, but bars are my #1.
The idea of these bars come from a popular cookie. Snickerdoodles in bar form. Look at the nice cinnamon topping on thick, dense bars. Yum!
These bars are super easy to put together and I bet you have everything in your pantry needed for these. Recipe is via Dessert Now Dinner Later blog.
- 2 2/3 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, & salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar, butter, eggs, & vanilla until light & fluffy making sure everything is combined well. Scrape bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Press into a greased 9×13″ pan (I used my mini rolling pin & rolled it flat using a little flour on my pin.) Combine sugar & cinnamon & sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350*F for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back after a gentle push. Cool, cut & serve.
Cream the ingredients in the mixer, get your dry ingredients in a medium bowl and keep your cinnamon/sugar mix in a small bowl.
You can see when incorporate the dough is super thick.
Pour it in a pan and pat it out evenly with sprayed (PAM) fingers. Top with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Cut into even size bars. I love how thick and dense these are.
You can see the cinnamon/sugar mixture is nice and thick so the bars have a nice, sweet crust.
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE #1 SISTER in the WORLD!!