Here is an easy appetizer that I brought to a get together with homemade beer bread. You can’t go wrong!
This one has a creamy base topped with salty bacon, a touch of cheese, ripe tomatoes and green onions. Just enough flavor profiles to make your mouth happy.
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. dried spices (see below)
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa, well drained
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 12 – 16 oz. cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce
- Mix your mayo, sour cream and salsa together. Feel free to add any dried spices such as cumin or chili powder. I had some dried salsa spice mix I added to my mixture. Put this in your bowl as the base layer.
- Add Roma tomatoes as the next layer.
- Add cheese as the next layer.
- Add bacon and green onions last.
- Hollow out one half of a head of ice berg lettuce and serve in that as the bowl. (Note: I did not do this as the lettuce selection is very poor due to weather in California, but how cute would that be?)
Layer away. Again, this would be super cute served in a hollowed out half head of iceberg lettuce. This was also a beautiful presentation though.
Serve with beer bread, veggies or tortilla chips. Enjoy!