If you like fudge and dense, thick brownies – this recipe is for you.
See that? Equal parts fudge and brownie. I love that ratio, personally.
Fudge Topped Brownies via Eagle Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Dash salt
- HEAT oven 350°F. Line 13 x 9-inch pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla in large bowl. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. After 30 minutes, prepare topping.
- MELT chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, salt and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla in heavy saucepan over low heat. Spread over hot brownies immediately after done baking. Cool. Chill. Lift brownies from pan using edge of foil. Cut into bars.
This batter was super thick!
Get your toppings ready while the brownies are still baking. My brownies deflated a bit when they cooled, but that made a nice little ‘bowl’ for the fudge to sit.
Spread the fudge all over and let it cool in the fridge.
Have I ever mentioned we really love condiments? Here we have olives, pepperoncini’s, pickles, BBQ sauce and honey mustard. That is because they don’t fit on the side of the door with the other condiments! Whoops.
After the bars cool for a few hours, remove and cut. Look how thick that fudge is in the middle! Yum! Obviously, a small piece will go a long way.
Doesn’t Winston look scared here? He is so handsome though.
This little rascal photo bombed my picture. Don’t worry, no chocolate for the pets.