I whipped these babies up one afternoon while Mr. FeistyEats had a few buddies over for some intense football watching. These came together in minutes, thanks to some leftover pork ribs that were made in the slow cooker. Man approved!
The key was really the leftover pork. You could do this with any leftover meat, but using the BBQ sauce, I recommend chicken or pork.
BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 3/4 lb. cooked, shredded pork (I believe they sell this already cooked in a package if you don’t have leftovers or want to make this recipe even easier)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is a nice, affordable option)
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Pickled jalapenos – 15-20 rings
- Pepperoncini’s – about 15-20 slices
- Green onion – 4 onions, sliced
- Tomato – 1 Roma, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese – cheddar or Colby Jack
- Tostito’s Scoop chips – 3/4 bag
- Cilantro and sour cream as toppings
- Melt butter or olive oil in a large pan. Sauté the onion for about 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add garlic and continue to cook for one more minute. Add shredded pork, hot sauce and BBQ sauce. Combine and continue cooking until heated through another 5 minutes or so.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Arrange your scoop chips so they are all facing up so you can scoop your meat into the chips. Make sure you get a little meat in each chip. Top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with jalapenos, green onions, tomatoes and anything else you’d like. Black olives would work and use in proportion to what you like. Easily customizable.
- Serve immediately!
Make sure you get the BBQ meat in all the cups so everyone gets a great bit. The Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce we used is simple, not hot at all. You could really kick it up if you prefer.
This cat loves to watch me cook or chop things. So funny!
You can chop your veggies toppings while the chips are cooking and the cheese is melting.
Straight out of the oven, top with your cold items and serve. I just put a pile of sour cream in the middle in case someone doesn’t like sour cream. A fun weekend treat.
I might have sampled a few. You know, making sure they were OK and all that.
Have a great day says Brinklie, aka FeistyCat.