Any butterscotch lovers? Raise your hand! I used to think I didn’t care for butterscotch. I was so wrong. So very, very wrong.
You probably would recognize these as 7-layer bars, but mine didn’t have 7 layers. So they are just layer bars.
Layer Bars adapted from the Eagle sweetened condensed website
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (This was one sleeve for me and I used cinnamon ones)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- HEAT oven 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
- For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up by edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual bars.
I guess I didn’t really photograph the steps to make these, but they are quite easy. Also, the are great to make with or after making Saltine Toffee. That way, you use up all the two kinds of chips between the two recipes. Winning!
Ooey and gooey. Such a good dessert to share or take to a party.
Cut into small pieces and eat. ENJOY!