I know you have all heard of regular Puppy Chow, right? Most definitely crunch and delicious as it is. BUT…here is a recipe I made up when Chex Mix was on sale at Krause’s. For only $2 a box I could pick any flavor. Cinnamon Chex? Yes please! I love cinnamon everything.
Just as easy as regular Puppy Chow – here is how I did it!
Cinnamon Puppy Chow
- 1 box Cinnamon Chex (not sure on the size of the box, I think they only have one size – about 9-10 cups)
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
1. Measure (or dump box) of cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a large resealable food-storage bag, combine powdered sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Shake to mix.
3. In a medium pot on your stove, melt cinnamon chips, butter and peanut butter over medium-low heat. Stir until all melted. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
4. Pour warm cereal mix into the resealable bag and shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
OK, let me be honest. First I made regular Puppy Chow taking step by step directions. But, everyone knows how to make that. I mean, it is even on the side of the box. I figured I’d try this recipe out and it ended up being a winner. I just don’t have step by step instructions. But, figure it is about the same as regular Chow. Brinklie says hello. She isn’t a chow fan.
Lay it out to firm up just as regular chow.
You might think the peanut butter and cinnamon mix is weird, right? It isn’t. It just goes together so well. This was a hit with my family. The crisp cereal, sweet sugar and slight bite of the brown sugar is a sure winner. I will make this again for sure. Also a great summer recipe…no bake. Can you tell I have been thinking about summer a lot? I miss you summer! Enjoy!