This is a simple crowd-pleaser. I know there are fancy cheeses and fancy cheese balls out there. This is not one of them. You can serve this to young people or those with a more refined palate and both should end up quite satisfied. The cheese ball has just a slight zip, but wasn’t too spicy for my father-in-law who finds pepper to be spicy. Ha!
Nacho Cheese Ball
· 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 3 Tbsp. chopped green onion
· 3 Tbsp. salsa
· 1 tsp. ground cumin
· 2 cups nacho cheese chips, crumbled
1. With a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, cheddar, onion, salsa and cumin. Mix until creamy.
2. Scoop mixture onto plastic wrap and use wrap to form a ball and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. When ready to serve, roll ball into the crushed nacho chips and serve with more chips or veggies alongside some salsa.
Pretty easy ingredients. For the nacho chips use any flavor of Doritos or an off-brand like I did.
Just take a piece of Saran wrap and form the cheese into a ball and chill until you are ready to serve it. Roll into the crushed chips and you have a pretty ball of nacho cheese!
At first I just put the remaining chips with the cheese ball, but it was kind of difficult to see it!
Here it is with some tortilla chips as well. This one went quick. Enjoy!