I originally published this post here at the end of November. But I remade this dip today for football and finally got some after pics to post. This is a great tasty, warm dip with a bit of zing and a cold bite from the fresh veggies on top. Serve with taco or tortilla chips or veggies. Enjoy! P.S. Great to take to a New Year’s Eve Party!
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely minced (This time I used a full jalap and would go even more if you like heat)
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 8 oz. block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Cilantro, red onion, tomatoes and jalapeno for garnish
Combine all ingredients except for the garnish (just keep a good handful of the cut veggies out for the garnish) and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Top with fresh veggies and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or bread.