Butterscotch week continues and concludes with this easy no-bake, wonderful fall dessert. Layers of deliciousness!
Let’s see – we have a spiced graham cracker base, cream cheese, butterscotch pudding, Cool Whip and topped with apples and caramel sauce. Oh yes!
Recipe based off of Tempting Caramel Apple Pudding with Gingersnap Crust bars from Taste of Home Magazine.
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar or spun honey
- 3-1/4 cups cold 2% milk, divided
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping, divided
- 1 medium sweet apple, chopped
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix crushed crackers, pumpkin pie space and butter until blended; press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey and 1/4 cup milk until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in 1/4 cup caramel topping. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until filling is firm.
- Just before serving, top with apples (coat with lemon juice if you want); drizzle with remaining caramel topping.
Make your layers and smooth them as you go.
I topped my dessert with one sweet apple and one tart apple and caramel sundae syrup.
This is so easy and really does not require any special skills except for peeling and dicing the apple .
I did toss my apples in some lemon juice to slow down the browning process since I took this to a potluck.
This does keep overnight if you can make it last that long!
Layers of wonderful fall tastes. Enjoy!
P.S. Do you like the smiley face on my thumb?!
P.P.S. I am in Nashville right now and going to the Steelers vs. Titans game tonight. Go Steelers!!