Mmm, I am still trying to eat a lot of veggies while they are fresh and available. Including corn! Corn dip sounds kind of weird, but this was really delicious.
I didn’t have tortilla chips at the time I baked this, so I used veggies for my dippers and it worked just great!
Hello from Brinklie, aka FeistyCat.
Fresh corn is so much better than canned or frozen!
Warm corn dip based on this Emeril recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ears fresh corn – removed from cob
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pepper (green, yellow or red)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. shredded cheese – I used Colby Jack
- 3-4 basil leaves – sliced (aka chiffonade)
- Tortilla chips or fresh veggies, for dipping
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
· Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in basil at the end of cooking time. Transfer to a bowl. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions, jalapeno, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Transfer to the bowl with the corn. Add the mayonnaise, 1/2 of the cheese and mix well. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot with the chips.
I try to chop off the end of the corn cob so it is flat and just slice it into the bowl.
I don’t know who did it, but someone brought this fresh basil to work for giveaway. The leaves were huge and so, so delicious!
All those veggies cooking smells amazing.
Pour into pan and cover with cheese.
Before baking and after. Mmmm, melted cheese.
Enjoy! I thought this was an easy, but different dip to eat. It reheats well. Enjoy!