I love spicy food. The hotter the better in my opinion. But, I know not everyone shares the love of heat. This is a spicy recipe with some heat, but it won’t overwhelm. Caution though, if you don’t like heat, don’t make this! I for sure would never make this if my Dad was visiting. I think the hottest thing he eats is black pepper and hardly any of it. I must have gotten my heat taste buds from Mom!
Gosh, I just love grilling! Nothing better than leaving the mess outside and minimal dishes!
Spicy Honey Kissed Wings adapted from GrillGrrrl Blog.
• 2 dozen chicken wings (I made half this recipe in the photos you see)
• ½ cup hot sauce (I used Louisiana hot sauce)
• ½ cup French or Catalina dressing
• 3 tablespoon honey
• 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
• 2 tablespoon garlic powder
• 2 tablespoon paprika
• 1 tablespoon onion powder
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 tablespoon pepper
• ½ tablespoon cayenne pepper
1. Place wings/chicken pieces into a large bowl and top with rub ingredients or approximately ½ cup of your favorite spicy chicken rub. (Use more or less to taste.) Mix the chicken and the rub until all wings are evenly coated. Let wings come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Preheat your grill.
3. Place wings on hot grill.
4. While wings are grilling:
a. Combine hot sauce, French dressing, honey, pepper flakes, cayenne and black pepper in a saucepan.
b. Bring to a simmer on the stove, stirring occasionally.
c. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool.
5. Use some of your sauce to baste chicken after it is nearly cooked. Don’t put it on too early or it will burn due to the honey.
6. Remove wings from grill when cooked.
7. Toss wings with sauce mixture and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
I also grilled up some summer squash and garnished with sliced green onions. This made a lot! Too much for two people.
UNLESS, you divide it up into lunches. I love to do this. Cook 1 big meal and set it aside for lunch.
I added some broccoli as well. But, interesting thing. Look at the one on the left. Doesn’t it look lonely? The one on the right (to me) looks more full. I guess what they say is right – use a smaller plate?
Look again! Maybe they are on to something. Anyway, if you like spice…enjoy!