Spring! Time for ice cold drinks and booze flavored cupcakes?!? OK, I’m in.
My friend, Jen, saw this recipe and posted it on Facebook and I KNEW I had to make these for my Mom. She was coming over for a Mother’s Day dinner and this would be perfect. She RARELY drinks, but if she does, she might enjoy a margarita. Perfect!
The ingredients you need are above. Easy!
The star was definitely these two liquids though!
Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes based on this Betty Crocker recipe posted on Facebook by my friend Jen
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup bottled strawberry margarita or daiquiri mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup Crisco
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, room temp
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. bottled strawberry margarita or daiquiri mix
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
Garnish with small, thin slices of lime
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place foil or paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- n large bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating until combined. Add 2 tablespoons of the margarita mix; beat until blended. Add lime juice, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Spoon frosting into decorating bag fitted with a cupcake tip; pipe frosting in circular pattern on tops of cupcakes. Garnish with lime slices.
Get your cupcake liners ready and be sure to mix your batter for the required time. It does make a difference. The batter is slightly runny. Use a cookie scoop to measure into your liners.
Filled with batter and then baked. Let cool completely.
The frosting includes the lime juice and margarita mix again.
This comes together in just minutes. Frost in your favorite style. It doesn’t necessarily have to be fancy and using a piping tip.
I set the table in a fun, festive spring style in honor of my Mom.
The pink hues are a fun color for Mom too.
The lime garnish helps cut the sweetness of the frosting. If you are concerned about a strong tequila flavor, don’t be. Most of it bakes away and it is hardly noticeable. You could even increase the margarita mix amount if you want to skip tequila.
Hmmm, 23 cupcakes? Weird? Who knows where #24 went? I tried to put sprinkles on the “rim” of a few cupcakes for a margarita feel. I just didn’t think it worked and would have take too long.
Hello from the FeistyPets. Winston is ready to go and Brinklie is just a little tired. Cute.
A couple more views of my dinner table.
And, I wanted to post these ribs Mr. FeistyEats smoked for us. They were delicious. Some were spicy and the others had a tangy, mustard-like BBQ sauce on them. They were served with a garden salad, beans, grilled mixed veggies and deviled eggs. A true feast for a wonderful Mom. Enjoy!